Life Coaching 101
FINDING CLARITY IN THE NOISE
According to Forbes life coaching is one of the biggest growth industries around. Why? Have we all of a sudden forgotten how to live our lives? Is there not enough information availible to aide us in making life changes? Not at all, in fact quite the opposite is true.
Never before have we had such easy access to so much information but what it has done is created noise. There is so much noise out there that it is difficult for people to find the clarity of their own mind and make the decisions they need to make to effect change.
The world is slow and fast at the same time. Technology makes us feel like the world is moving quickly but on many levels we are going at a snail’s pace. We are told as minorities and women that we have more rights and choices than ever before but we are still blocked by the conventions of generations of oppressive thinking.
Everyday people are not reaching their potential or stepping away from the life they want because they feel they cannot or should not
HOW CAN A LIFE COACH HELP YOU IF YOU ARE THE ONE MAKING ALL THE CHOICES?
THE SAME WAY AN ATHLETICS COACH DOES NOT RUN THE RACE FOR YOU.
Let’s start with what it is not.
A life coach is not a counsellor or a therapist. We are not your decision makers and we are not your friend, despite the fact that I am very friendly! But don’t get disheartened that is a good thing. There are well trained counsellors and therapists who can help you if that is what you need. You don’t need me to be your decision maker and tell you what you should do because you are the only person living your life. There is no point in doing something that is not right for you long term. My not being your friend is a good thing too because if you are looking for coaching it is because you are at a point in your life where you need someone who is objective and a friend is not that person.
What A Life Coach Will Do
- I will hold you accountable, which will drive you forward.
- I will help you dig deeper into your wants and needs for the future.
- I offer you a space away from the noise so you can make clear choices.
- Facilitate you on your journey by offering you tools of the trade along the way.
- Provide a space to explore and challenge yourself without feeling like you need to be a particular person. Remember you are not my partner or friend, I have no expectations of you. You are able to work to your own expectations with support.